The Third Nikolai Myaskovsky Competition of Young Composers
16 января 2014 г. - 5 марта 2014 г. | Сompetitions
Dates: 4–5 March 2014
Venue: Moscow Conservatory
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2014
Deadline for paying the participation fee: 31 December 2013
- The applicants should submit one own free-form composition for piano trio, piano quartet or piano quintet (duration 10–15 minutes).
- Only pieces which hasn’t been published and/or officially performed before can be submitted for the Competition.
- Not more than one composition from one applicant may be submitted for the Competition.
The Organizing Committee
Prof. Alexander Sokolov, D.A.: Rector, Honored Art Worker of Russia;
- Prof. Alexander Bonduryansky, D.A.: People’s Artist of Russia, Laureate of the Moscow City Award, Vice-Rector for the Artistic Activities of Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory;
- Prof. Alexander Chaykovsky: composer, People’s Artist of Russia, Head of the Composition Division of Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory.
- Prof. Alexander Chaykovsky (Russia): chairman, composer, People’s Artist of Russia, Head of the Composition Division of Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory;
- Prof. Yuri Kasparov (Russia): composer, Honored Art Worker of Russia;
- Prof. Alexander Koblyakov (Russia): composer, Dean of the Composition Department of Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory;
- Prof. Igor Shcherbakov (Ukraine): composer, Honored Art Worker of Ukraine, professor of the Tchaikovsky National Music Academy in Kyiv, Chief of the Composers’ Union of Ukraine;
- Prof. Joaquín Soriano (Spain): concert pianist, composer, teacher at the Madrid Conservatory, member of San Fernando Academy;
- Anton Tanonov (Russia): composer, Deputy Chairman of the Department for Special Composition and Improvisation at St Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory.
The application form can be downloaded from the Moscow Conservatory website.
The Organizing Committee has the right to reject the applications, in case the printed scores either do not satisfy the requirements or arrive later than 15 January 2014.
The Entrance fee is (optionally): 2000 rubles, $70 or €50.
Deadline for paying the entrance fee: 31 December 2013.
The Competition consists of three rounds: Round One (Eliminating) is held remotely, Rounds Two and Three are held publicly.
Round One is held on 16–24 January 2014, when the jurors are going to examine the participants’ scores. This round is anonymous.
The list of participants of Round One will be published on the Moscow Conservatory website as a list of identifying passwords not later than 25 January 2014.
Round Two is held on 4 March 2014 as a concert at the Myaskovsky Hall.
Round Three is held on 5 March 2014 as a concert at the Rachmaninoff Hall.
- First Prize: 100,000 rubles;
- Second Prize: 75,000 rubles;
- Third Prize: 50,000 rubles;
- two diplomas: 30 000 rubles each.