Competition for Young Composers in Memory of Alfred Schnittke and Svyatoslav Richter in Sochi
19 февраля 2015 г. | Сompetitions
Competition for Young Composers
in Memory of Alfred Schnittke and Svyatoslav Richter
within the frameworks of
the Eighth Winter International Art Festival in Sochi
Piano Trio, Quartet or Quintet
Date of the Competition: 19 February 2015
Place of the Competition: Chamber and Organ Music Hall of the City of Sochi (Krasnodar Region, Southern Russia)
Deadline for the Applications: 27 January 2015
Deadline for Payment of the Registration Fee: 15 January 2015
- Each competitor has to submit one composition in a free form for a piano trio, piano quartet or piano quintet (duration: 10–15 minutes).
- The Organizing Committee will accept unpublished compositions only.
- Each competitor may submit only one composition.
- Search, support and assistance in the professional development of talented young composers
- Promotion of contemporary academic music
- Improvement of the quality of national music education
- Establishment of a high professional level of today’s composition
- Establishment of creative contacts between composers and performers
- Creation of a friendly environment for an interaction between composers and listeners
- Growth of a position of the Winter International Art Festival in Sochi as a major educational center
- Prof. Alexander Chaykovsky, People’s Artist of Russia, Head of the Composition Division of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory’s Music History and Theory Department
- Prof. Yuri Bashmet, People’s Artist of the USSR, Head of the Viola Division of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory’s Orchestral Department, Art Director of the Winter International Art Festival in Sochi
- Assc. Prof. Roman Balashov, Honored Artist of Russia, the Viola Division of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory’s Orchestral Department
- Dmitry Grinchenko, Executive Director of the Winter International Art Festival in Sochi
- The other members of the Organizing Committee will be announced later.
- Prof. Alexander Chaykovsky (Russia), Chairman, People’s Artist of Russia, Head of the Composition Division of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory’s Music History and Theory Department
- Prof. Alexander Sokolov, D.A. (Russia), Honored Art Worker of Russia, Rector of Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory
- Prof. Mikhail Gantvarg (Russia), People’s Artist of Russia, Rector of Rimsky-Korsakov Saint Petersburg State Conservatory
- Prof. Yuri Bashmet (Russia), People’s Artist of the USSR, Head of the Viola Division of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory’s Orchestral Department, Art Director of the Winter International Art Festival in Sochi
- Prof. Marc Battier (France), composer, Paris Sorbonne University
- Arvydas Malcys (Lithuania), composer and cellist, member of the Composers’ Union of Lithuania
- Alexis Soriano (Spain), composer and conductor
1. The Competition is open to professional composers born in any country after 1 January 1979.
2. Scanned copies of the following documents must be attached to the filled-out application (upload from www.wiafs.ru):
- the score and the parts, as PDF-files, signed only with a password ID of the competitor. No scores and/or parts containing any personal information that would allow to identify the competitor will be accepted;
- two front pages of the passport or any other ID containing the participant’s personal data, photo and signature (for citizens of Russia, in addition, the page with the stamp of permanent residence registration);
- any document confirming the participant’s music education;
- any document confirming the participant’s place of study or work;
- the participant’s artistic biography which has to include: date and place of birth, place of study or work, the year of study (if a student), name of the composition teacher(s), earlier participation in other competitions (year, country, city, award), any other important information;
- one digital artistic photo (portrait style on a neutral background) with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi;
- Taxpayer’s ID Number and Pension Insurance Certificate (for citizens of Russia only);
- a receipt on the payment of the registration fee;
- a statement of the participant’s consent for processing his/her personal data (in a free form, with a signature).
3. All the above-mentioned documents and photos must be e-mailed to email@example.com not later than 27 January 2015.
4. Two copies of the score and the set of the parts of the piece submitted for the Competition, signed with the participant’s ID password only, must arrive to the Organizing Committee not later than 20 January 2015 at: Concert Agency of Russia, 46 Bolshaya Nikitskaya Ulitsa, Moscow, 121069, Russia. The envelope must have the participant’s real name.
5. The score and the parts printed on paper must be two-sided, with mirror margins, and bound.
6. The Organizing Committee of the Competition may reject any application if it arrives after 20 January 2015 or does not comply with these Regulations.
7. All competitors admitted to the Second Round will receive an official notification with the date of their arrival to the Competition not later than 1 February 2015.
8. The non-refundable registration fee is 50 euros.
Bank Account Information
The Registration Fee must be transferred to the bank account of the Winter International Art Festival not later than 15 January 2015:
Winter international arts festival
Moscow, Ryazanskiy pr. D. 75, kor. 4. Office 10
Account: 40702978800010382754 (EUR)
Correspondent Bank: Commerzbank AG (Formerly Dresdner Bank AG), Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany
Beneficiary Bank: Acc. 0800582500/888
ROSEVROBANK JSCB, Moscow, Russia
Address: 24 Vavilova str., Moscow, 119991, Russia
Caption: “Registration Fee for Participation in the Composers’ Competition”
The First Round of the Competition will be held in absentia from 20 till 30 January 2015. During the First Round, the Jury will study the scores sent by the anonymous participants.
The Second Round will be held live at the Chamber and Organ Music Hall in the City of Sochi as a concert on 19 February 2015. The list of the competitors’ ID passwords will be published on the website of the Winter International Art Festival not later than 1 February 2015. The participants will have to arrive to Sochi on the dates indicated by the Organizing Committee in the official notification.
- 1st Prize: 70,000 rubles
- 2nd Prize: 50,000 rubles
- 3rd Prize: 30,000 rubles
- Two diplomas: 15,000 rubles each
The Competition Jury may:
- award special prizes;
- divide the amount of any prize between several winners;
- award not all of the prizes and/or diplomas;
- withhold from awarding the 1st Prize.
All the prizes will be paid in rubles and are subject to all respective taxes of the Russian Federation.
Upon agreement with the Organizing Committee, any state, public or commercial organizations, as well as any foundations, art unions, mass media or private persons, may establish any additional awards, prizes and gifts for the competitors of the Second Round prior to the Competition.
All decisions of the Jury are final and irrevocable.
- Transportation expenses for a round trip to Sochi, together with any other related expenses, are to be paid either by the participants or by their organizations.
- The participants of the Second Round will be accommodated in Sochi by the Organizing Committee from 17 till 20 of February 2015.
- The Organizing Committee will render the official invitations and visa support for all foreign participants.
- Upon receiving the official notification and invitation from the Organizing Committee, the foreign participants admitted to the Second Round must apply for an entry visa to Russia. All expenses for getting the entry visa are to be paid either by the participants or by their organizations according to the requirements of the Russian consular divisions abroad.
- The application signed by the participant serves a proof of his/her consent with all the above-mentioned provisions.
- The participant will receive no remuneration either for his/her performance at the Competition or for any further use of its recordings and/or broadcasts.
- The Organizing Committee shall have its exclusive rights to sell any audio-/video-recordings and/or broadcasts of both the auditions and the final concert of the laureates of the Competition.
- In case of any disputes with regard to interpretation of these Regulations, the Russian text shall have the priority.
Directorate of the Winter International Art Festival in Sochi
22 Bolshaya Nikitskaya Ulitsa, Office 11
Moscow, 121069 Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 212 1565